Thursday, October 7, 2010

Quick follow up

Craig and I went to the doctor today about the cramping and all is well! Just my body adjusting to the drastic changes. While we were there I went ahead and got my flu shot. My body's always done well with flu shots and the doctor highly recommended it. Since you can't take any good medication when you get sick, it's best to avoid it as much as possible.

I also think it's pretty funny...and sweet...that each time we go to the doctor, they ask me a new question I know nothing about. I think they're questions that are helping them create my "birth plan" but all they do is boggle me. For instance, today, the doctor says, "by the way, would you want a blood transfusion if you need one?" and I'm like, "uhhhhh, Craig?". I understand the general idea, but I thought the only reason you wouldn't want one is because of religious beliefs. Turns out, it's mostly safe, only 1 in 250,000 transfusions contract Hepatitis B and 1 in 2,000,000 contract HIV. It think I'd rather contract a disease than die so I said, "Sure".  :) So many new things to think about!

Another funny thing the doctor said to us is that I'm only 15 weeks and 3 days pregnant instead of 16 weeks. Each time we get a new doctor within the practice, we hear a different due date- either March 24th or March 27th. SOOOOOO, I guess we don't know the exact date. What's the chance the baby will be born on that date anyway? I figure the result will be way off anyway since I was a month late for my parents. I guess the baby isn't quite the size of an avacado yet then :( We're still on for finding out the sex on November 1st though! Thank goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment