Friday, October 15, 2010

...and more blood work

Craig and I went to the doctor again today for routine blood work. I had to google the names of the things they were testing for because I can barely remember the names let alone how to spell them. So, pasted below is what I had done today. We will find out the results on Nov 1st.

AFP (Alpha-Fetal Protein) or Serum Triple Test

The AFP blood test is done at 15 to 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is designed as a risk estimate for Down syndrome and certain chromosomal abnormalities, such as neural tube defects, spina bifida, trisomy 21 and trisomy 18. AFP does not detect all cases of these birth defects. Down syndrome detection rate is age-dependent. Most women with a positive test are carrying a healthy baby.


While we were there we got to hear the baby's heartbeat again....as well as...hear the baby move! I haven't felt any movement yet, but the Dr. said that's normal this early. Maybe next month, fingers crossed! I tried to joke with the doctor about my recently developed "sweet tooth" and he wasn't having it. All he kept saying was, "Sweets are bad, don't eat them" BOOOOOOOO! I want a second opinion! I was sure that I had gained 5 lbs from eating cupcakes at Kim's, dessert every night (and sometimes morning), and all the rest of the junk I feel like I've been consuming, but luckily I LOST A POUND. Thank goodness. I definitely had some fun the past couple weeks eating donuts, cupcakes and anything else sweet I could get my hands on, but now it's time to get serious again. Back to the gym and time to research some delicious sugar free desserts to keep around the house. (Stupid Halloween candy is calling my name in EVERY store) Anyone have any good recipes besides yogurt and fruit? (Hate that answer by the way) :)

So overall everything is great, blood pressure's good, weight's good, no sickness, pants still fit (kind of), etc. More to come on November 1st when we find out the sex of the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment