Sunday, December 5, 2010

5 month check up

Our 5 month check up went really well. Baby's heartbeat is a strong 150 bpm and mommy is good too. The doctor scheduled me for a gestational diabetes test the Monday after New Years so I got a "stern talking to" about the amount of sweets I'm eating  :( This is a routine test, but if I don't lay off the brownies, donuts and cookies, I'll be putting myself at risk. So, I've got a month to change my destiny! If I eat right and pass the test, I won't have to take the 3 hour follow up test and won't have to worry about an even stricter diet for the remainder of my pregnancy. So, I guess I've really timed this badly with Christmas season. I'm going to need some strong willpower over the peanut blossom cookies!

We have a very exciting week coming up. On Monday, we get to tour the Winter Park baby center and pre-register for delivery. I'm very excited and have tons of questions. If they let me take pictures I will and then I'll post. Then, on Friday, we'll be heading to Dallas to celebrate an early Christmas with family. This will be our last trip before the baby. So, we're very excited.

Craig and I have narrowed down baby names and so far (unless something even better comes along) we're planning to name the baby Ethan Felix Turner.

24 weeks

1 comment:

  1. You look wonderful! And the baby name is interesting...classic.

    Please listen to your doctor about the diet. I was constantly tested for gestational diabetes during my pregnancy with Drew (not my diet, but because Reid was so BIG). It's not pleasant having your fingers and arms stuck with needles every week...especially if a controlled diet can help you avoid it.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete