Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sleep???

While Craig was gone on his work trip, I actually thought I had a good rhythm going with Ethan during the night. He was waking every 3 hours, but the difference was, he was falling back to sleep faster. I was staying in one room the whole night for the feeding/diaper change/etc as opposed to coming out into the family room to do that. Since Craig and I trade off, it allows the other to sleep. Well, doing everything in one room with only a tiny booklight to guide me really seemed to agree with Ethan.

Although, on the last night he decided to wake me up every 2 hours! So, who knows. Right when I think I've got him figured out, he throws me a curve ball. He continued with this 2 hour trend for 4 days. But then!!! Last night, we put Ethan to bed at 10pm (along with ourselves) and he slept until 2:30am! I was so excited. He went back to sleep at 3am and continued till 6am. I could get used to this! Who knows if this is a fluke or if he's getting a pattern down, but either way, I'll take it.

Ethan is now 11 weeks old and growing big and strong. He is such a joy to be around and I'm going to miss him terribly when I go back to work next week. They've already got me going on an overnight trip my first day back. :( I might cry myself to sleep, but I have to be honest, I'm looking forward to a full night of sleep and a little room service!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment