Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ethan is 6 weeks old!

Hi everyone! I can't believe it, but Ethan is 6 weeks old. I went to my OB today and I'm back to my old self- and pre-baby weight. :) Breastfeeding is a lifesaver. But, now it's back to the gym to get off the weight I started to lose before getting pregnant. My doctor granted me my wish to stay out another 6 weeks from work. (Insurance requires my doctor to say it's "medically necessary") I'm so glad to get to stay home another 6 weeks to watch my baby grow and bond with him more before heading back to work. My first day back to work should be May 10th. It will be bitter-sweet. I love every minute I'm with Ethan, but at the same time, I miss work. I have such a wonderful job that I feel really lucky to have it. It's going to break my heart the first time I have to leave him to go to Jacksonville or another market overnight. But, I know it will make him strong and independent one day. For now, I can still dream that my boss calls me and asks me to work 2-3 days a week instead of 5  :) That would be perfect!

Ethan is doing fantastic. As of our last doctors appointment, he weighted 7 lbs 1 oz and was ahead of schedule for his age. He's a very good eater and has started getting some meat on his bones. He's not chunky by any means, but he's very healthy. Still in Newborn size clothes and diapers, but I see a quick transition in the near future. The last time we saw the lactation consultant, she told me that Ethan has a weak palette because he drools about a quarter of what he's eating and develops a dimple on his right side when he eats. From her recommendation, we went to an oral motor clinic in Maitland and they taught me some exercises to do with him over the next few weeks that should fix his problem. Until it's fixed, we will continue to feed him breast milk via bottle since it's easier to monitor how much he's eating.

Craig's 30th birthday was this past week and we celebrated with a house party this past Saturday. We had a great turn out and had a wonderful time. I decorated the house with party paraphernalia and balloons and ate some delicious cake. During the party we played the Wii that Steph and Brett brought and beer pong by the pool. Ethan was a really good sport- he practically slept through the whole party. We passed him around from one person to another and he wasn't even phased by it. We also cranked the surround sound up to level 20 (we watch movies on level 10) and hung out by the pool and the music didn't phase him either. He's so laid back! He gets that from Craig  :)

Ethan and I took a trip to Palm Harbor on March 21st so he could meet his Great Grandparents (my maternal grandparents Mary Jo and Wayne Longair). We just went for the day, but it was an event since the drive each way was 3 hours (normally 2 hrs 15 min, but we had to stop for a feeding each way). Ethan was great on the drive there, fussy on the drive home. It was totally worth it though because we got to see so many people. On the way there we stopped at my friend Jill's work for her to meet Ethan. Then, at my parents house, we had multiple visitors over to meet Ethan for the first time- Randy Hale (family friend), Linda Smith (family friend), my grandparents, my grandparents best friends that were in town from Michigan, and my good friend Courtney (Ingram)Yarmesch. After all the visitors, Ethan and I had dinner with my parents and then headed back East home. Great trip and worth the effort!

Below are some more recent pictures (some of them from my trip to Palm Harbor)...

Craig with his babies


 My most recent favorite- Ethan in a bear hoodie towel

 Great Grandma (my Grandma, Mary Jo Longair) with Ethan

 Great Grandma (Mary Jo) and Great Grandpa (Wayne) with Ethan

 Four Generations
 Grandpa (my dad, Kit) with Ethan

Courtney stopped by for a visit- I love this picture because right now, Courtney is pregnant with her son Silas so Ethan is resting on her baby bump...AND loving it!

 "Aunt" Randy with Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment