Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sugar

Well, I completed the gestational diabeties test on Monday mornning. It's wasn't nearly as bad as people described to me. I actually liked the sugary drink you have to take before you can get your blood drawn an hour later. (Jenn B., you were right! Can I have seconds???) They nurse said they'd call me ONLY if it came back positive for diabeties. So, if I'm positive I should hear by today or tomorrow. Cross your fingers! On Friday, if I haven't heard anything, they said I could call to confirm the negative results. I'll keep you posted.

That same day, Craig and I went to meet our first pediatrician, Dr. Richard Rodriguez in Maitland, FL. We got the recommendation from a friend of Craig's at work and we thought he was great. He definitely had the personality you'd hope for in a children's doctor. He was a little crazy and hyper, but I can see Ethan eating it up. We also like the way the practice is run. He said he taked his time seeing each patient and doesn't rush through explainations of what's going on. Which I definitely appreciate considering I can barely keep up with MY doctors let alone our baby's doctor. Sometime I feel like I need a medical dictionary when I go in. Dr. Rich doesn't seem like the type I'm used to. Thank goodness! He's also very accessible after hours too. We're going to check out a few more doctors to make sure we're "hiring" the right man (or woman). We'll keep you updated.

1 comment: